If you'd like to be more involved, consider running for election to the Neighborhood Association's board. We are 9 members who meet once every two months, and form the core of the Association. We're a young organization, and we're excited to grow. We also reach out to the larger community by representing the neighborhood at and attending the meeting of various advocacy groups and initiatives around the city, including:
- Michigan Community Resource Center
- Detroit Vacant Housing Coalition
- Corktown Business Association
- City Planning Department's Community Planning Taskforce
- Whydontweownthis.com/ discussions
What else can you expect at the next meeting?
- Discussion of the SAFE mini-grant from Michigan Community Resources, and how we might be able to use one in our neighborhood.
- Board elections
- Dates for Neighborhood Night at Nancy Whiskey's
- Discussion of applying for 501.c.3 status
- Good company
- An opportunity to meet some new people in the neighborhood.
See you on the 7th, 6pm at Spirit of Hope!
Paul, Jon, Nicole, Felicia, Rich, Marissa, Greg, Olivia, & Sam