Operating Engineers 324 Apprenticeship Application Notification
Thank you for your interest in the “Operating Engineers Apprenticeship” programs.
The next application period for Heavy Equipment Operator and Heavy Equipment Technician has been scheduled for June 6 – June 10, 2022.
It is recommended persons interested read this page in its entirety so you can be informed on what documentation is required to apply to the program.
It is recommended that you take the “Workkeys” tests as soon as possible to ensure you have a score that meets or exceeds our requirement.
“Workkeys” tests do not expire and can be taken at several “Michigan Works” locations or Community Colleges, they cannot be taken online.
There are two links in red at the bottom of the “Application Notification” page where you can add your zip code and locate potential testing facilities closest to your home.
You must first call these locations to verify that they do offer the testing and to also schedule your appointment.
You must provide a scale score and a level score for each of the required tests listed below. Failure to provide both scores will result in an incomplete application.
Please remember there are certain criteria required in order to complete the online application.
The required items are:
- A $35 non-refundable application fee using a credit card or debit card with a visa or master card logo
- Must be at least 17 at the time of application
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and be a Michigan resident
- An official high school diploma, official high school transcript or GED must be provided
- Acceptable Workkeys test level scores for tests shown below and scale scores that will vary:
- – Applied Mathematics – Level 3 ‐ must also show a “2 digit scale score”
- – Locating Information NKA Graphic Literacy – Level 4 ‐ must also show a “2 digit scale score”
- – Reading for Information NKA Workplace Documents – Level 4 ‐ must also show a “2 digit scale score”
To find a testing facility near your home that may offer Workkeys testing, please click on the following links and enter your zip code on either website. Please call the test center first to make sure if and when testing is available
Thank you once again for your interest in the program,
PLEASE NOTE – This is “NOT” an application to apply to the program. It is to schedule a reminder prior to the Application Date.
Fields marked with an * are required
I'm interested in: *
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Stationary Engineer
* US States
* Michigan >>>>> or which state you are in or ARMED FORCES AFRICA \ CANADA \ EUROPE \ MIDDLE EAST, ARMED FORCES AMERICA (EXCEPT CANADA), ARMED FORCES PACIFIC
*How did you hear about us? * >>> Advertisement , Career Fair, Family/Friend, Local 324 Member, Social Media, Other
What is 1+2 = *
Operating Engineers 324 will be accepting applications for Heavy Equipment Operator and Technician Apprentices online beginning June 6th, 2022!
Check out the schedule of classes >>>>>
- Phone: 248-451-0324
- Address: 500 Hulet Drive, Suite 100, Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
- Business Manager: Douglas W. Stockwell
We Keep Michigan Running