Summer Bucket List: 12 Things To Do In Detroit
Don’t waste the warm weather or long days, create your adventure and find the fun in Detroit.
Visit Eastern Market
Eastern Market is open on Saturdays year round and in the summer you can shop on Tuesdays, Thursday nights and Sundays too!
Take In the Skyline
Go To A Festival
Live music, good food and lots of fun. Here are the fairs and festivals coming to Detroit.
- Festival of Books: Sunday, July 21
- MoPop: July 27 & 28
- Charivari Detroit: August 2-4
- Belle Isle Art Fair: August 3 & 4
Watch A Movie In The Park
Plan A Night At The Museum
Make it a late night of art and culture. The Detroit Institute of Arts has free concerts on Friday nights, the MOCAD is open till 8pm on Thursdays and Fridays and theMichigan Science Center hosts monthly 21+ parties.
Join a FREE Yoga Session
Relax and refresh at a free yoga session:
- City Glow Yoga @ Beacon Park
- Downward with Dog in Capitol Park
- Citizen Yoga @ Grand Circus Park
- Lunchtime Yoga @ Capitol Park
- Yoga on the Riverfront
Catch A Ballgame
Sunbathe At The Beach
Get Tickets To A Concert
Big names are coming to Detroit, don’t miss out.
- Queen & Adam Lambert: Saturday, July 27
- Khalid: Sunday, July 28
- John Mayer: Friday, August 2
- Shawn Mendes: Monday, August 5
- Common: Thursday, August 8
- Backstreet Boys: Monday, August 12
Order A Pizza
Don’t waste time in the kitchen this summer, instead taste test your way through Detroit’s growing pizza scene.
- Pie-Sci // 5163 Trumbull Ave, Detroit, MI 48208
- Pop + Offworld // 128 Cadillac Square, Detroit, MI 48226
- Mootz // 1230 Library St, Detroit, MI 48226
- Pizza Pappalis // 553 Monroe St, Detroit , Michigan 48226
- Grandma Bob’s // 2135 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48216
- Supino’s // 2457 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207
- PizzaPlex // 4458 W Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI 48209