HAPPY HOLIDAYS, CORKTOWN NEIGHBORS
2013 has been a fascinating year for our city and our community.
- An election brings us a new and exciting District Six City Councilperson -- Raquel Castenada-Lopez, as well as a District Police Commissioner.
- We are fortunate to have DPD Officers Theut and Roberson during the afternoon, and two additional officers patrolling overnight in our community.
- We had safety training conducted by the DPD.
- Our Volunteer Patrol continues to be active -- Though we are always looking for more help. Cool t-shirts were donated via State Representative Rashida Tlaib.
- The [tentative] date for the next Corktown Safety Meeting is .
- [Anyone looking for surveillance cameras, etc. should check out lorextechnology.com. They had great Black prices that may still be in effect.]
- Additional STOP signs have been installed, helping to slow down and minimize hazardous driving.
- The Corktown Business Association and Citizen's District Council continue to grow, support and are outstanding representatives of our community.
- Some of the great new businesses that opened include Detroit Institute of Bagels, Otava Via and Two James Distillery, and more are coming.
- Cool successful events took place at Roosevelt Park as well as the Annual Historic Home and Garden Tour, Pumpkin Fest, the Boot Sale and Tour de Troit, just to name a few.
- Quicken Loan employees park in three Corktown lots and are shuttled to their offices.
However, with all of this positive energy, challenges remain. We look forward to 2014 being the best, most productive, fun and safest year ever for Corktown, Detroit and our entire metropolitan area. It can happen only if we work together.
Have a safe and glorious holiday.