We know that a lot of residents have seen information floating around about emergency food benefits, please see below update from the State of Michigan.
MDHHS will begin the application period for D-SNAP (Disaster Food Assistance) benefits on Thursday, August 12, 2021, and will operate until Thursday, August 19, 2021, excluding Sunday, August 15, 2021.
MDHHS will accept applications from 8am to 6pm (8am-9am reserved for seniors and disabled residents) on weekdays and from 8am to 1pm on Saturday, at the following locations:
• Ypsilanti Middle School –510 Emerick Street, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
• Scarlett Middle School – 3300 Lorraine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
• Taylor District MDHHS – 25637 Ecorse Road, Taylor, MI 48180
• Inkster District MDHHS – 26355 Michigan Avenue, Inkster, MI 48141
• Grandmont District MDHHS– 17455 Grand River Avenue, Detroit, MI 48227
• Conner Service Center MDHHS - 4773 Conner Street, Detroit, MI 48215
• Southwest Service Center MDHHS – 2524 Clark Avenue, Detroit, MI 48209
• Greenfield/Joy MDHHS – 8655 Greenfield Road, Detroit, MI 48228
Some Eligibility Criteria (full list in the attached flyer):
- Individuals who currently receive food assistance are not eligible.
- Only households that reside the approved county at the beginning of the benefit period are eligible to apply (Wayne County and Washtenaw).
- Households that experienced food loss alone as their only disaster expense are eligible to apply.