Join Team Rocky distributing resources in the community!


A helpful document from FEMA for those who suffered damage from flooding June 25-26

Click here for more information 

what to expect

FEMA State Disaster Recovery Center Locations


Process of Filing a Claim with DWSD

  • Residents with property damaged by flooding may be able to get reimbursement by filing a claim with the Detroit Water & Sewerage Department (DWSD). Those claims also may be filed with FEMA if a presidential declaration of disaster is issued.
  • Those who are homeowners should file a claim with their insurance company.
  • Under state law, residents have 45 days to file a claim with DWSD. The deadline is August 10.
  • To file a claim click here or call (313) 267-8000

Cleanup Assistance Available

  • Volunteers and City of Detroit employees will help senior or disabled residents who need assistance clearing flood-damaged materials from their home.
  • Fill out online form here or call DWSD at 313-267-8000. Residents should indicate if they are seniors or persons with a disability on the online form. 

new facts 1
new fact 2
new fact 3

4 ways to register for FEMA Federal Assistance
.Federal Assistance list graphic

Guidelines for FEMA Assistance

Guidelines for FEMA Assistance