Join Team Rocky distributing resources in the community!
A helpful document from FEMA for those who suffered damage from flooding June 25-26
Click here for more information
FEMA State Disaster Recovery Center Locations
Process of Filing a Claim with DWSD
- Residents with property damaged by flooding may be able to get reimbursement by filing a claim with the Detroit Water & Sewerage Department (DWSD). Those claims also may be filed with FEMA if a presidential declaration of disaster is issued.
- Those who are homeowners should file a claim with their insurance company.
- Under state law, residents have 45 days to file a claim with DWSD. The deadline is August 10.
- To file a claim click here or call (313) 267-8000
Cleanup Assistance Available
- Volunteers and City of Detroit employees will help senior or disabled residents who need assistance clearing flood-damaged materials from their home.
- Fill out online form here or call DWSD at 313-267-8000. Residents should indicate if they are seniors or persons with a disability on the online form.