Recruitment - Housing Justice Academy 2021
In partnership with the Mary Turner Center for Advocacy, I am excited to announce the Housing Justice Academy 2021. The academy will consist of seven monthly workshops designed to give you practical skills and knowledge for community organizing and civic activism centered around housing justice. During these workshops the cohort will engage in educational seminars, policy advocacy and case studies.
The cohort’s commitment is from July 2021 to January 2022 on the 2nd Thursdays of each month from 6-8 PM.
The first three sessions will be on Thursday, July 8th, Thursday, August 12th, and Saturday, September 9th. Our partners are the United Community Housing Coalition and Progress Michigan.
Session topics include:
- Housing Affordability
- Eviction and Tenants' Rights
- Property Tax Assessments/Tax Foreclosure
- Gentrification and Displacement
- And much more!
- Senate District 1 resident, https://www.senate.
- Commit to attending all seven sessions on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6-8PM
- Complete your application before the deadline, Friday, June 25th bit.ly/hjacademy21
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jacqueline Ramsey, Jramsey@senate.
State Senator, District 1