Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in December. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Dec. 3, 10 a.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Lansing. Meeting location is barrier-free. An interpreter can be provided with advance notice. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946)
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Dec. 19,
9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit(Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Dec. 10, 6 p.m., LMAS Health Department conference room, Newberry (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Dec. 12, 8:30 a.m., Southern Michigan-Fifth Third Ballpark, Pepsi Stadium Club, Comstock Park (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Dec. 11, 9 a.m., Lansing Community College-West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Dec. 5, (regular meeting) 2:30 p.m., Raddison Hotel, Lansing; Dec. 6 (work session), 9 a.m., Quality Suites, Lansing (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Dec. 9, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – Dec. 5, 9:30 a.m., Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Lansing (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Foggy's Steakhouse, Christmas (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790)
- Timber Advisory Council – Dec. 6, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord; and Dec. 20, 8:30-9:30 a.m., conference call, dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Dec. 4, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)